Monday, November 30, 2009

A Great Drawing and it's a Calendar to Boot






This thing here makes me wish I didn't have an iPhone. As it is I have a hard enough time organizing all my calendars and the like, though I guess the functionality of a thing such as this isn't so much about notating upcoming dates as seeing what day falls on which date. Let's see... In 2010 Thanksgiving falls on a Thursday, go figure.

Seriously though, what is the function of a calendar format like this? It's baffling.


But...

It's beautiful. Hand printed, though I don't know how, the drawing is thoroughly charming. It's a little bit rustic, a little bit cartoon, a little bit Leger with a little apostrophe thing over the "e".

It's made by a guy named Nate Duval, who did another poster that's very similar for the band Phish. This one is the best, I think, even though the Phish poster, here, is all nautical-ish and reminds me of that amazing set from the Popeye movie. Here's the Phish poster:


Isn't that nice? The blue is a little blue for me, but I'd buy it. Wait a minute, it's for sale and goes on sale TONIGHT! At 9pm sharp, it says to expect it to sell out right quick.

Oh, and this one:




They keep getting better and better.

Again, the guys shop is here. I recommend buildings as best.

No comments:

Post a Comment